How to add favorites on safari on Mac, iPhone and iPad3 min read
While browsing, you liked something and you would like to save it for future reference. Well, here’s how to add favorites on safari so you can easily save any type of web page or web site for later use.
“Add to Favorites” on Safari is a feature that allows you to save the current website you are visiting to a list of favorite or bookmarked websites. This allows you to quickly access the website again in the future without having to manually type in the URL or search for it.
To add a website to your favorites on Safari, you can click on the “Bookmarks” button in the toolbar and then select “Add to Favorites” or use the keyboard shortcut Command+D. The website will then be added to the “Favorites” folder in the bookmarks bar for easy access.
How to add favorites on safari on Mac
- Open Safari and navigate to the website you want to add as a favorite.
- Click on the “Bookmarks” button in the toolbar, which is represented by an open book icon.
- Select “Add Bookmark” or you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + D.
- You can also add the website to a specific folder by selecting “Add to Folder” and then choosing the appropriate folder from the list.
- Once you have selected the folder, click “Add.”
- The website will now be saved as a favorite and can be accessed by clicking on the “Bookmarks” button in the toolbar and then selecting “Show Favorites Bar” and then it will show the bookmarks bar on the top of the browser.
- The website will be now listed in the bookmarks bar and you can access it quickly.
How to add favorites on safari on iPhone
- To add a site to your Safari bookmarks, launch the browser.
- A “Share” button will appear at the bottom of your screen; tap it. Visually, it’s a square with an arrow pointing up.
- Drag the item you want to your favourites after browsing the list.
- Select “Add to Folder,” then navigate to where you’d like to store the webpage, and add it there.
- After choose where to save the files, hit the “Add” button.
- You can return to the bookmarked site at any time by selecting the bookmarks menu and then the appropriate folder.
- In doing so, the page will be saved in your browser’s favourites tab for easy future access.
How to add favorites on safari on iPad
- Open Safari and go to the site you want to add to your list of favourites.
- Tap the “Share” button in the upper right corner of the screen. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing up in the middle.
- Scroll through the list of choices and tap “Add to Favorites.”
- You can also add the website to a certain folder by clicking “Add to Folder” and then choosing the folder from the list.
- Tap “Add” after you’ve chosen the folder.
- The website is now saved as a favourite, and you can get to it by going to the bookmarks tab and then to the folder you put it in.
- The website will now be listed in the bookmarks tab, making it easy to get to.
That’s how to add favorites on safari. If you own an Apple device like Macbook, iPhone or iPad, then the process to add favorite site in the safari browser is nearly same. But still if you are confused, then you can follow the above guide and bookmark the websites instantly for future use!!