iPhone other storage – What is it? How to clear it?3 min read
Everybody is so curious to know about what is iPhone other storage and how we can clear it without resetting the phone to make more valuable space? Let’s figure out this issue and fix it!
When it comes to storage, it is always a major point of consideration for people while using their phone. There are people who are always looking forward for phones who cater to a high storage. If you are someone, who owns an Apple product, be it an iPhone, iPad or a mac, are always looking for storage, how it is used and how to clear it?
Different approaches to reduce other data on the iPhone other storage are necessary, but the fundamentals must be covered. When you connect your phone to your computer via iTunes, you’ll notice that the storage is separated into 8 categories. The type of data that cannot be listed in either of these categories should ideally be placed under “other.”
The browser cache, mail cache, mail attachments, mail messages, gaming data, phone history, voice recordings, notes, and more make up the iPhone’s other data. The browser catches and mail cache, out of all of these categories, usually make up most of the iPhone’s other data what is other in iPhone storage.
How to clear iPhone other storage?
The Usage category in the Settings app will quickly show you which apps take up space on your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the Settings application.
- Select General.
- Select iPhone or iPad Storage from the drop-down menu.
- The storage on your device is laid out in a grid, displaying what is taking up space.
- Now scroll down to your apps, you’ll notice the programs that take up the most space on your iPhone listed by size.
- Tap to delete the unnecessary storage.
So, this is how to delete other storage on iPhone without resetting. You can also prefer the third-party cleaning apps from the app store to clean the storage.
How to check the storage on your iPhone or iPad from your Mac in macOS
Apple has divided iTunes into three apps in mac OS: Podcasts, Music, and TV. That doesn’t rule out the possibility of connecting your iPhone or iPad to your Mac. It just indicates that it has been relocated.
- Make a connection between your iPhone or iPad and your Mac running macOS.
- Launch the Finder application.
- In the sidebar, under Locations, click the device symbol. If your iPhone isn’t displayed under Locations, try unplugging it and plugging it back in again.
- In the Finder window, select the General tab.
- Hover your cursor over the other section at the bottom of the Finder window to see how much space is taken up by the category.
How to check the storage space on your iPad or iPhone using iTunes on a PC running macOS
In the device Summary section of iTunes, you can see a graph of your other storage on iPhone categories when connected and how to clear other storage on iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to your computer.
- If iTunes does not open automatically, open it manually.
- In the top left corner of the screen, click the device symbol.
- In the left-hand menu of the iTunes window, select Summary.
- Hover your cursor over the other area of the iTunes window at the bottom to check how much space the category is taking up.
Hence, in iPhone it becomes super easy to use the storage devices and make the most of it. The above points will help you to get proper guidance.